ReMarksPDF - eGrading technology nurturing student engagement
Key features of ReMarksPDF include:
- Mark on-line and off-line;
- Interactive rubrics (Holistic, grading, etc);
- Automatic insertion of text based comments, known as Auto Text;
- Automatic insertion of sound based comments (enabling mark by voice), also known as Sounds;
- Automatic insertion of video based comments (enabling links to streamed video);
- Share text and sound comment libraries with colleagues over the Internet;
- Associate marks, criteria and comments with student assessment;
- Automatic addition of marks;
- Highlight colours with designated meanings, or in other words, Colour code your documents;
- Specialist stamps designed for marking, showing the emotion of the marker for more personalised feedback to students;
- Ability to designate macros for Auto Text, Sounds, and Video links;
- Import and export .cvs database files, linking marking to student documents, and uploading to a reporting system.
- Drag and drop graph gallery, indicating individual and relative student performance.
- Style tool specifically designed to rapidly incorporate English Style and Grammar comments for essays, plus the ability to build specialist comment libraries in any discipline;
- Advanced moderation capabilities enabling statistical and visual comparison of markers, individual and global moderation of student assessment; and
- Quality assurance tools;
- Integration with Learning Management Systems - Blackboard, Moodle 2.0, and Desire2Learn (In progress).
- Multilingual commentary (7 languages);
- Manuals training and support;
- Easy to use.
The ReMarksPDF Toolbar
The ReMarkPDF toolset includes: format, drawing, text, media and grading tools.
Format tools comprising:
Colour – enabling the active colour to be changed.
Weight – enabling the weight of lines to be changed.
Erase – erases selected annotations and turns off ink tools.
Markup on/off – enabling markup to be turned on and off for one or more markers in any combination.
Drawing tools comprising:
Pen – operates as a pen. Particularly useful when using ReMarksPDF with a tablet with sensitivity settings.
Brush – which inserts colour using a brush.
Line – which inserts a line.
Polyline – which inserts a polygon.
Shapes – which inserts a circle, triangle or square.
Area – which inserts highlighting to a selected area.
Text tools comprising:
Note – which inserts a note comment.
Callout – which inserts a callout comment.
Text box – which inserts a text box comment.
Highlighter – which enables highlighting of selected portions of the document. You can select a colour from the Format Colour feature.
Underline – underline selected portions of the document. You can select a colour from the Format Colour feature.
Strikeout – strikeout selected portions of the document. You can select a colour from the Format Colour feature.
Media tools comprising:
Stamps – enabling Clip Art to be inserted into the document, including drawings, movies, sounds, or stock photography to illustrate a specific concept. ReMarks comes with tailor made stamps suitable for marking.
Sounds – enabling the creation and insertion of your own voice annotations and Auto Sound voice annotations into a document. Auto Sounds can also be found on an online webservice enabling collaborative sharing of Auto Sounds with colleagues.
Video – enabling you to embed links to streamed video files with a PDF document.
Mark – Enabling marks, grades and comments to be entered into the document. Mark also enables the creation of criteria to be used with criterion based marking.
Database – Import and export .cvs database files, linking marking to student documents, and uploading to a reporting system.
Colour Key – Colours can have assigned meanings described in a colour key. Use colours with other tools.
Auto Text – enabling the creation and insertion of your own text annotations and Auto text annotations into a document. Auto Text can also be found on an online webservice enabling collaborative sharing of Auto Text with colleagues.
Tick – enabling the easy insertion of ticks.
Cross – enabling the easy insertion of crosses.
Style – enabling the creation of style libraries of reusable comments.
Moderate – enabling the easy moderation and benchmarking of markers.
Reports – Drag and drop graph gallery, indicating individual and relative student performance.
Attachment tool – enabling the easy attachment of documents to a PDF.
Attach – displays files attached to the PDF.
Management tools comprising:
Cover Page – enabling the insertion of a standard or tailor made Cover page. A great way to include a rubric when assessing a student assignment.
Mail – which generates a PDF of the document and prepares to email the PDF to one or more students whose email address you nominate.
Share – which makes it easy to share ReMarksPDF settings between multiple markers within a marking team.
PDF tools comprising:
PDF Page Manipulation – enlarge/decrease PDF page sizes, add/subtract PDF pages, redaction, and rotation.
Hyperlinking – embed hyperlinks as PDF annotations.
Multilingual – use ReMarksPDF in French, Modern Chinese or English (UK or USA) all in just one click.
Menus – fully customisable menus.
Security – add security features to annotations and documents.
Layouts – view PDF as you want them - single/multiple facing pages, horizontal/vertical splits.
Help – comprehensive Help system.
ReMarksPDF is written in 100% Java (1.6 build 20 and later) and is an application which can be run stand-alone or in conjunction with an enterprise level e-submission assessment system or Learning Management System. ReMarksPDF is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows 32-bit and 64-bit platforms (Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 2, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, Windows Vista, and Windows 7), and XP tablet version.
- Apple OSX Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard.
ReMarksPDF can be run without any special hardware other than that necessary to run the operating system. ReMarksPDF can also be run with additional features in conjunction with a tablet or tablet PC.